Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Jeldwen bifold - can down sides

KayCe234 wrote:
I'm installing Jeldwen bifold doors on my closet and I need to cut off
1/2inch off each doors side - my closet is 47inches wide. Can I cut
them down from the side?

In all likelihood, yes...probably can see the ends of the side
structural pieces on the top and bottom to see how wide they are--I'd
expect 1-2".

If, they're the honeycomb flat panel doors, one can always refill and
glue in a piece to make up for the original if do need more trimming
than original pieces allow. In that case, of course, it would be
simpler to take it all off one side and only have the one repair, but
most likely in your case you'll be alright w/ 1/2".

There's always a possibility the OEM web site just might have data on
that question as well, of course...