Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Charles Charles is offline

Default Magellan SporTrak GPS loosing sensitivity?

"Steve" wrote in message
This is the second time this has happened with a Magellan
GPS. The acqisition time when its first powered up gets longer,
eventually to the point that its unusable. For this model it should be
2 minutes. Yesterday, it was 18 minutes, and that was in an
open area with a clear view from horizon to horizon. I'm
guessing its because the receiver is loosing sensitivity for
some reason.

Has anyome else delt with this and found a solution?
I'd rather try to fix it myself rather than sending it to Magellan.

GPS receiver lock time is not predictable. Run more tests before you send
it back. No, you probably can't fix it yourself.