Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] laseranddvdfan@aol.com is offline

Default Onkyo TX-82 stereo receiver fault. Suggest possible solutions...

On Aug 18, 7:29*am, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
I don't know why but, after setting the idling current to factory
specs, the amp appears to be stable; the heatsink and transistors
don't run hot and the protection never trips while playing music
through it for 4 hours straight with a pair of Yamaha S55 monitors.
It never worked that well until after the adjustment was done.

There are two ways to go about servicing...

1. Find out exactly what's wrong.

2. Get the device working again.

Most people smart enough to service electronic equipment tend to lean toward
the former. But it's inefficient, and should be reserved for times when it
seems to be really needed.

In your case, it appears that #2 worked (for whatever reason). I would
suppress my curiosity -- your "I don't know why, but..." -- for the time
being and simply enjoy the amplifier.

I also tend to lean on the latter.

As the saying goes, if it works then it's not broken. If it's not
broken, don't fix it.