Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher Frank Boettcher is offline

Default permit inspections - thanks for all the replies

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 14:05:27 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

dpb wrote:
J. Clarke wrote:
So call around until you find an insurance lawyer and ask.

Be _far_ better if you'd verify your facts before posting fud...

It amazes me that people get angry at being told that if they ignore
the law they can get in trouble.

--

I'm not seeing anyone getting angry. I'm seeing individuals asking
for a reference to back up a statement. I've heard the same statement

It seems to be a popular troll for scaring people into thinking
insurance, warranties, etc. are not going to protect them.

Had a plumbing failure that caused a great deal of water damage
several houses ago. There was no way to ascertain whether the failed
plumbing was original or add on and whether if add on, was covered by
permit and inspected. Insurance adjuster never mentioned it, just
processed the claim. As was the case the repair to the plumbing
($50), was not covered, but the damage, several thousand, was.

An anecdotal sample of one.

Frank