Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; Cwedit Cwunch?

In article ,
Derek Geldard wrote:
On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 13:59:29 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Derek Geldard wrote:
putting humunguous taxes on company cars (when I
last had a company car in 2003 I was taxed more heavily than if I had
been given the value of the car in pound notes every year)

Absolute rubbish.

Not so. It is exactly the way it is.

It's still much better value than actually having to buy
and run the equivalent new car.

I didn't have a new car it was 5 years old.

What firm runs 5 year old cars? Non I know of. IIRC that is the
depreciation to zero period. But most change them earlier to keep a
maker's warranty and 'free' servicing, etc.

--
*"I am " is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.