Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default Has Russia nuked anyone yet?

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 01:26:00 -0500, the renowned flipper
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 00:35:51 -0400, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 20:07:18 -0400, the renowned "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

Oh, it's not a relief. It'd be safer if Russia had more weapons.

Of course it would be. Or at least enough to form a reliable
deterrent. Wasn't it Mr. Rumsfeld who said that he found weakness
rather provocative?

That's as far out of context as the way you count weapons.

Of course it is and it's my experience that's how those sort of people
operate: mangling what's said, done, and history.

Rumsfeld's commentary included

"Today, it should be clear that not only is weakness provocative but
the perception of weakness on our part can be provocative as well."

"A conclusion by our enemies that the United States lacks the will or
the resolve to carry out missions that demand sacrifice and demand
patience is every bit as dangerous as an imbalance of conventional
military power,"

Ah, so it was completely in context.. referring to one country
attacking (or threatening or blackmailing) another because of real or
perceived weakness relative to the potential aggressor. Thanks for
dredging up the complete quote, it's perfect.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany