Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] auctions@sheldononline.co.uk is offline

Default Replacing floorboards.

On Aug 18, 10:48*am, wrote:
I need to replace a couple of flooarboards in my dining room - the
problem is that I can't seem to locate replacement boards of the
correct thickness.

The existing boards are 22mm thick - and the only sizes I can get from
a timber merchant are 18mm or 28mm.

Has anyone ever had the same problem?
Any suggestions (other than going to a saw-mill have having a
few ,lengths custom machined?)

Thanks,
Mark.

22mm is a standard size. B+Q and Wickes usually have some, although
they're more expensive - they usually have them pre varnished if
nothing else. Travis Perkins stock them at many branches, and can
usually transfer between branches if you can wait. Occasionally you
see them listed as 25mm, as they are made from a planed piece of 25mm
timber.

If they're not going to be seen, the easy solution is to use 22mm
chipboard flooring, which B+Q also stock.