Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default Replacing floorboards.

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 02:48:53 -0700, mark wrote:

I need to replace a couple of flooarboards in my dining room - the
problem is that I can't seem to locate replacement boards of the correct
thickness.

The existing boards are 22mm thick - and the only sizes I can get from a
timber merchant are 18mm or 28mm.

Has anyone ever had the same problem? Any suggestions (other than going
to a saw-mill have having a few ,lengths custom machined?)

Thanks,
Mark.

==================================
Several possibilities, apart from the obvious packing with hardboard or
other material.

Buy the 28mm boards and cut rebates on the underside where they lie on
the joists. Alternatively, if the boards are to go in a non-critical
position (weight-wise) trim the depth of the joists by 6mm where the new
boards are to sit.

Cic.
--
Using Ubuntu Linux