Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steven Campbell[_3_] Steven Campbell[_3_] is offline

Default Replacing floorboards.

wrote in message
I need to replace a couple of flooarboards in my dining room - the
problem is that I can't seem to locate replacement boards of the
correct thickness.

The existing boards are 22mm thick - and the only sizes I can get from
a timber merchant are 18mm or 28mm.

Has anyone ever had the same problem?
Any suggestions (other than going to a saw-mill have having a
few ,lengths custom machined?)

Yeah I've had this problem a few times. I've ended up just packing the
floorboards with cut up cereal boxes. Make the new boards a mm or 2 slightly
higher as they will inevitably drop once they have traffic.