Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus16322 Ignoramus16322 is offline

Default Harbor freight crane jack leaking

On 2008-08-18, Grant Erwin wrote:
Ignoramus16322 wrote:

The hydraulic jack on my crane has two problems:

1) it leaks around the small (pumping) cylinder
2) When I open the valve, it opens too abruptly, so the crane drops
instead of going down slowly, I totally hate this.

So. I would like to buy a replacement jack, preferably something of
"high quality", chrome plated cylinders, made in USA or some such. Are
there any suppliers who sell similar but better jacks?

Pictures are he

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Harb...t-Truck-Crane/

Igor, you can rebuild yours (just needs a seal or O-ring or two) or you
can simply buy another one from HF. This time, I'd get an air/over/hydraulic
one like this one:

I haven't seen a US manufactured 8 ton long throw jack in many years.

Grant, I need a much smaller 3 ton one (12 inches retracted). Your
jack is for a 2 ton shop crane, whereas my issues are with the truck
crane. I will call HF for a rebuild kit or replacement. I think that
they have one. I definitely do not need air over hydraulic.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/