Posted to sci.electronics.repair
J Wald J Wald is offline

Default GE TV# 27GT62616 Issues

Tom1954,
Do you remember what the approximate repair charges were? I'm trying to
weigh repair vs replacement. Thanks.
--
J Wald

Tattaglia's a pimp
Vito Corleone - Godfather I
"TOM1954" wrote in message
On Aug 16, 10:05 pm, Chuck wrote:
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 21:58:12 -0500, "J Wald" wrote:
Sam,
Your whacking solution worked great. I took the set outside and blew 8 or
9
years of dirt out of the inside, but now the picture is whiter. It's far
from unwatchable, but I found the difference interesting. Any ideas what
happened? Thanks.

When you took the back off, the screen control on the flyback got
turned slightly clockwise. The set will need to be repaired because
the bad connection will eventually corrupt the eeprom and then it
won't power up. Chuck

Chuck has the exact answer. Iv'e probably repaired 75 to 100 of thos
sets, RCA and GE, same thing. If the eeprom craps out, all settings
are corrupted.