Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_3_] krw[_3_] is offline

Default permit inspections - thanks for all the replies

In article ,
says...
evodawg wrote:
Swingman wrote:

"evodawg" wrote
As far as I'm concerned most permits are to generate taxable
income.
Anything not structural or electrical should not need a permit.

If you would add but Plumbing and HVAC to that, both of which cry
for
inspection to protect the unwary, I would mostly agree.

That said, the permitting process is used to enforce building
standards and to protect the unwary against the practices of shoddy
remodelers and builders, whose numbers are legion.

... and, just wait to see how those legions will multiply most
don't
speak
English.

IOW, with regard to building permits/code enforcement, you ain't
seen
nothing yet! ... and be thankful for it!

I agree, HVAC involves electrical. Plumbing, usually it either
works
or it leaks.

Or backs up or lets in noxious gases . . .

And if it leaks in an inconspicuous place and the leak decides to
drain outside under the siding then your first notice of it may well
be when you put your foot through the floor.

That problem doesn't go away with licensed plumbers. BTDT, GTWF
(got the wet foot). I can take far more time to make sure this sort
of thing doesn't happen.

--
Keith