Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lew Hartswick Lew Hartswick is offline

Default edge finder sensitivity

wrote:

I don't want to sound nit-picky about this but to be really certain
about the effect of excentricity of the edge locator, the 180 degree
turn-around test described above would need to be repeated at 90
degrees from the first tests. Unless, of course, you were really sure
that at the first trial you indeed were at the high point of any
excentricity.

Wolfgang

No thats not so. Take a couple cases and see what I mean:
If you happen to be at exactly 90 deg to the high/low axis
than it will be exactly the same at both tests.
If half way between the high/low and the zero/zero (say
45 deg) then the amount high on one side will be the same
amound as the low on the other. So any case it will the
mean of the two tests.
...lew...