Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geo[_2_] Geo[_2_] is offline

Default Retaining wall in garden - Celcon blocks?

I have lookead at the usual paving expert page and googled for a couple of hours
but have to ask another question in here...
I need to build a short (about 3 feet long) earth-retaining wall which will also
support one end of a bike store (6' x 3'). The wall needs to be about 28" high -
from the lower ground level.
Appearance is not a consideration since the face of the wall will be less than a
foot from an existing garden shed.
I only have access to B&Q and Wickes and found some Celcon Standard blocks in
B&Q which, according to the web site, can be used as foundations as well as
internal/external walls. They seem very soft and flaky and I am unsure if they
would weather well without rendering.
This site appear to be using something similar:-
http://www.gardenadvice.co.uk/howto/...retainingwall/

Any opinions on using Celcon blocks?

Geo