Posted to sci.electronics.repair
TOM1954 TOM1954 is offline

Default GE TV# 27GT62616 Issues

On Aug 16, 10:05*pm, Chuck wrote:
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 21:58:12 -0500, "J Wald" wrote:
Sam,
Your whacking solution worked great. I took the set outside and blew 8 or 9
years of dirt out of the inside, but now the picture is whiter. It's far
from unwatchable, but I found the difference interesting. Any ideas what
happened? Thanks.

When you took the back off, the screen control on the flyback got
turned slightly clockwise. *The set will need to be repaired because
the bad connection will eventually corrupt the eeprom and then it
won't power up. *Chuck

Chuck has the exact answer. Iv'e probably repaired 75 to 100 of thos
sets, RCA and GE, same thing. If the eeprom craps out, all settings
are corrupted.