Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Valve that controls gas on my bike?

Mark wrote in
:

There is this valve that controls the gas supply on my motorcycle. It
doesn't seem to work very well for me. When I turn it to the "off"
position, the bike often continues to run, even after I try to shut if
off. I think the valve is defective. When I fiddle with it a bit, it
seems to work OK, but it can be fickle.

Anyhow, I was told that it was a pet cock valve. Do any of you have a
pet cock you need to fiddle with from time to time? What's the
solution to my dilemma. Thanks for your time.

Yes I have one and it shoots live bullets just like a gun. Some guns need
to be cocked. Have you ever cocked a gun? I'd like to see a pic of that
one.