Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anodising touch-up pen?

Christopher Tidy wrote:
Cydrome Leader wrote:
wrote:

On Aug 13, 6:26?pm, Christopher Tidy
wrote:

Hi folks,

I remember reading about an anodising touch-up pen somewhere. Not a
metallic paint marker, but a pen which uses a chemical to form a coating
similar to anodising. I want to touch-up a bit of silver anodised
aluminium on one of my gear pullers, which unfortunately got rubbed on
the edge.

Anyone know if such pens are available and if they're any good? Likely
sources would be appreciated (particularly sources in the UK).

Many thanks,

Chris

I played a bit with a solution that was supposed to be for touching up
black anodyzing, made a worse mess than just painting the sucker,

black marker?

Can't. It's silver anodising, and I think metallic marker will look awful.

tough one there.