Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default Magic Jack and a power hub

George wrote:
Dave Bugg wrote:
George wrote:

Magicjack requires a power wasting computer because it is ad driven.
The way it is supposed to work is that they display ads on your
computer which are supposed to pay for the service.

???. In over 5 months of use I've never seen an ad

Maybe they haven't sold any yet or since they are in the burn up the
investors money stage maybe they are waiting to start sending them.
The reason that you need a power wasting computer instead of a flea
power ATA to make and receive calls is because their business model
is to have an ad driven service.

If that should begin, I could care less. Although the gui for MJ opens when
you dial, you don't need the gui to dial. It is small when it does open, and
it doesn't interfere with my use of the computer when I call.
--
Dave