Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.engineering.maintenance
Mark Mark is offline

Default Please help Burnham RSM-126 oil furnace won't heat hot waterafter vacation

On Aug 15, 11:59*am, Donita Luddington wrote:
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 08:31:40 -0700, Donita Luddington wrote:
when the burner tries to start, do you get a flame or not?

BTW, after I cleaned it, I certainly got a flame (it heated the water) but
it goes out after a while.

Does that help?

what does a little while mean....20 seconds or 20 minutes?

so agin it is hard to say fomr here,,,is your flame going out because
of lack of fuel or air....or is one of the saftey devices shutting it
off for some reason...

if the flame is good and suddenly goes off it would seem to be a
saftey, if you have a photocell sensor, try cleaning it...

get a book to tell you how to do that...

Mark