Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Gas powered leaf blower???

Steve Barker DLT wrote:
I have a question. Why don't you just mow them in,leave them lay, and do
their job fertilizing the yard? What is peoples infatuation with removing
leaves?

just curious.

Because if you don't leave at least some grass showing, it dies?

Unless you mow daily, that doesn't work. When the uncompressed leaf
layer is six inches thick, you CAN'T mow them- the mower stalls out. I
start out mowing my leaves every fall, but when the major drop happens,
it just isn't an option. I don't landfill them, though- I have a back
corner with trees and chainlink fence on 2 sides, that I blow/drag them
all into. They end up waist high, but by the time the grass elsewhere in
the yard starts growing again in spring, they are down to six inches of
mulch. I don't garden, so the next owner of this place will have several
years worth of compost to play with.

--
aem sends...