Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker DLT Steve Barker DLT is offline

Default Gas powered leaf blower???

You might want to check out the little handheld stihl. The little one is
the bg-55 http://www.stihlusa.com/blowers/BG55.html

you can find it for about $139. It should last a homeowner forever.

steve

"bobmct" wrote in message
Gentlemen;

As that time nears and I cannot afford to hire someone this year to
rake/blow all the leaves in my yard, I am destined to accomplish this
unpleasant feat by myself.

As I already have a Toro electric blower which is good for small things,
the
pros seem to use a wheeled gas powered blower to move them enmass to a
huge
pile for bagging/disposal.

I've just looked at Consumers Reports and they rate (on their scale) a
Toro
Electric the same as a gas powered wheeled blower. How can this be?

For any of you readers who have first hand experience I would appreciate
any
comparisons that can be provided regarding electric, gas backpack or gas
wheeled?

All help, advice, recommendations greatly appreciated.