Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen Dan Espen is offline

Default Gas powered leaf blower???

bobmct writes:

Gentlemen;

As that time nears and I cannot afford to hire someone this year to
rake/blow all the leaves in my yard, I am destined to accomplish this
unpleasant feat by myself.

As I already have a Toro electric blower which is good for small things, the
pros seem to use a wheeled gas powered blower to move them enmass to a huge
pile for bagging/disposal.

I've just looked at Consumers Reports and they rate (on their scale) a Toro
Electric the same as a gas powered wheeled blower. How can this be?

For any of you readers who have first hand experience I would appreciate any
comparisons that can be provided regarding electric, gas backpack or gas
wheeled?

All help, advice, recommendations greatly appreciated.

Where I live we're faced with truly monumental leaf fall.
I'm determined to deal with the leaves myself until I'm too old.

I've tried most of the smaller equipment including electric blowers.
They just don't cut it.

The gas back pack blower is enough for my needs.
A walk behind would be over kill.

Around here the pros use a combination of one walk behind and one or
more additional back pack blowers.

With the back pack blower I can blow the leaves into piles then
rake the leaves into a large wheeled container and then dump
the leaves into a compost pile.

If I had to bag the leaves I think I would invest in a shredder.