Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Injection Molding Machine - Gingery - Machining Tolerances

James Waldby wrote:

What temperature does this run at?

The block has 2 ea. 175W heaters, one on a 500-degree-F
controller, the other manually switched and only turned on
to bring the temperature up faster when starting from cold.
Molding small parts from cut-up plastic coathangers, I set
the controller for 450F, which IRRC may be 50F higher than
Gingery recommends. My molds heat up by conduction, which
works ok for limited output of parts. If I were producing
larger parts or more parts, I'd attach a heater/thermocouple/
controller to the mold and set it for about 200F.
-jiw

I was wondering how a kalrez o-ring would help your situation?

Type O-Ring
Cross Section Shape Round
System of Measurement Inch
Material Kalrez® Perfluoroelastomer
Durometer Hard
Durometer Shore Shore A: 75
Lowest Temperature Range +1° to +32°F
Highest Temperature Range +501°F to +600°F
Color Black

I cut and pasted that from the mcmaster carr website. Pretty spendy though

AS568A Dash Number 109
Type O-Ring
O-Ring Type Standard
Cross Section Shape Round