Posted to alt.home.repair
Leroy[_4_] Leroy[_4_] is offline

Default Magic Jack and a power hub

Dottie wrote:
Did any of you try to use a FAX with Magic Jack? I use the FAX a lot

but very few long distance calls....I saw it advertised on TV and
looked interesting. The FAQ section had "maybe it will work and
maybe it won't" sort of response.

That's also the feedback at the MagicJack forums, it works for
some and not for others. Only way to find out is to try it
with your broadband connection and your FAX. Do the
thirty day free trial and return it if not satisfied.

You can get a rough idea if your PC and connection is up to snuff
for VOIP at this place, Java required for test, no registration needed:

http://www.testyourvoip.com/