Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Al Patrick Al Patrick is offline

Default Viewsonic monitors

Lew Hartswick wrote:
Al Patrick wrote:

Reminds me of what I heard a preacher say, "You can *still* buy four
gallons of gasoline for a dollar, just like you could in the
fifties." The difference is in the dollar - not the price of
gasoline. In the fifties we had *silver* dollars and today a
*silver* dollar will still get you four gallons of gas.

Not only is someone stealing the silver out of our currency. They are
removing the nickel from the "nickels" and the copper from the
pennies. If we still had half cents they'd be stealing something out
of them! :-(

Al

Are *silver* dollars realy worth aprox $16. now?? I guess maybe I
should look up the ones I got in change back in the 50s out west
on vacation (lived in PA) and kept for the novelty then. I
suppose some of them may be sort of rare and worth more. :-)
...lew...

http://www.apmex.com/Category/17/90_...lls__Bags.aspx

$1000 bags = $9414.40 right now and prices are way down. Now is the time to buy because
in a few weeks the metals will probably take off again and silver will be possibly go to
$20 or more per troy oz.

"spot" is supposedly $12.80 right now, but the same folks showing that are asking about
$15.80 per oz. for less than 20 oz and you still have shipping to pay.

Check gas prices in your area and multiply for four. You'll not be far off from what
APMEX is asking for an oz of silver.

Al