Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] usenetr2000@gmail.com is offline

Default Air draft from basement

On Aug 15, 3:36*pm, mm wrote:
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 10:31:57 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

My Guess....furnace in the basement? Does it happen all the time or only
when the ac/furnace blower is running?

It's pretty much happening all the time. I do have the HRV running
most of the time. *But even with that shut off I still feel draft.
The basement is about 75% underground with 8' tall cement walls. *The
rear of the house is above ground *and about 10 feet on either side
are also semi-above ground. *It has to be coming from the HRV or dryer
vent.

How about the chimney for the fireplace, the chimney for the furnace,
a demon in the basement sink drain, a demon under the stairs?

What is an HRV? *Human resources vector? *Home repair velocipede?
Human renovation victim?

HRV = Heat Recovery Ventilation