Posted to alt.home.repair
BigLar BigLar is offline

Default Motion light turns on for a few seconds after inside lightsswitched off

On Aug 14, 9:38*pm, "cshenk" wrote:
wrote

*Let me guess... You can stand under the security light and look into
*the kitchen and living room windows.

Your motion sensor is "seeing" the act of the light going off as
motion, and is turning on in response to the perceived motion.

LOL! *Now why didnt I think of that?

Actually, it is not the problem. Although a pretty good theory, I went
home yesterday and disproved it. In the living room, there is an
overlead light/fan combo. I pulled the light string to off so there
would be no visible light. I then flipped the switch to on and
nothing. However, once I flipped the switch off the outside security
lights came on for about 15 seconds. Is apparently has something to do
with the circuit it is on but I don't know enough about electricity to
know what it be. Any more ideas? Thanks.