Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Chris is offline

Default PC antivirus software question

HeyBub wrote:
Chris wrote:

Unfortunately, all the hirsute people who smell funny now gather
together electronically and bother the rest of us, much like another
Microsoft experiment involving a paper-clip.

You got that wrong too. I am not hirsute, shower regularly and
couldn't care less to talk to an incompetent person like you about
computers.

Didn't say you were hairy. If you knew much about set theory, or even logic,
you'd see that the set I mentioned was not complete. In other words ...

In other words you speak in half (assed) sentences. Thank you for
stating that, but was clear already

I was helping the OP when you began your venomous pro-Windows spew,
remember? No, you won't.

I didn't start it. Someone - it may have been you - began touting the
superiority of Linux when the original subject had nothing to do with Ubuntu
or some other incarnation of Linux. Many Linux users are like that -
proposing Linux as better than fish. "I use Windows." (get Linux!). "I need
an AV program for XP." (get Linux). "I have a flat!" (get Linux). "Isn't it
a shame about famine in Sudan?" (get Linux). "I have giant festering,
fungating boils all over my body. My dog, too!" (get Linux).

Nonsense! You took a jocular suggestion (ever heard of emoticons?) as an
attack to the value of your MS stock. What a pathetic little person!

As for helping people way back when, I was employed as a programmer in 1964
and have been doing computer work since. You young whippersnappers just
don't get it.

And you are still struggling to grasp the basics of computing?

In case you worry, I am not trying to convert you to Linux, honest.
Stay with Windows, someone has to pay the sucker price for software,
and that someone is you.

I own a software company. I develop software for a living. I expect to get
paid for it

Not if your "software" performs badly or not better than other software
that come with no invoice and no strangling user agreements.

Don't like me using Linux and other free software? Sue me.

Oh, wait, the company you own stock from already tried that, did they not?