Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default average parts/labor ratio for pros?

"grasshopper" wrote

One job entails removing the skin from a doublewide modular home and
replacing it with 5/8" T111 (46 sheets).

Another job entails painting the above.

Labor definately but the initial job when it's not going to have to have old
paint scraped off, isnt too bad. Just do not get cheap and try to go with a
paint that is also a primer at the same time. You'll be paying to have it
redone in 3 years if you go that route. Ask the guys here about that if you
do not believe me. Some folks in my area got rooked that way with a cheap
company. They said 'oh it's a new product and it works great'. Yeah,
right... They dont have leaves, they have paint flakes blowing about the
yard!

First painting is normally package dealed with the install and the same team
usually does both. It's usually cheaper to do it that way but it doesnt
hurt to price shop a bit.