Posted to alt.home.repair

Default PC antivirus software question

On 8/14/2008 8:24 PM Dan Espen spake thus:

"HeyBub" writes:

Chris wrote:

I was helping the OP when you began your venomous pro-Windows spew,
remember? No, you won't.

I didn't start it. Someone - it may have been you - began touting the
superiority of Linux when the original subject had nothing to do with Ubuntu
or some other incarnation of Linux. Many Linux users are like that -
proposing Linux as better than fish. "I use Windows." (get Linux!). "I need
an AV program for XP." (get Linux). "I have a flat!" (get Linux). "Isn't it
a shame about famine in Sudan?" (get Linux). "I have giant festering,
fungating boils all over my body. My dog, too!" (get Linux).

The subject was a good AV program.

If you don't think Linux is a good suggestion,
your logical capabilities are failing you.

Running Linux is an excellent way to protect yourself from computer
viruses.

Speaking of bad analogies, that's a bit like saying "buying a Hummer is
an excellent way to protect you from crash injuries in an accident".

--
"In 1964 Barry Goldwater declared: 'Elect me president, and I
population into concentration camps and turn the country into a

- Characterization (paraphrased) of the 1964 Goldwater/Johnson
presidential race by Professor Irwin Corey, "The World's Foremost
Authority".