Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen Dan Espen is offline

Default PC antivirus software question

"HeyBub" writes:

Chris wrote:
I was helping the OP when you began your venomous pro-Windows spew,
remember? No, you won't.

I didn't start it. Someone - it may have been you - began touting the
superiority of Linux when the original subject had nothing to do with Ubuntu
or some other incarnation of Linux. Many Linux users are like that -
proposing Linux as better than fish. "I use Windows." (get Linux!). "I need
an AV program for XP." (get Linux). "I have a flat!" (get Linux). "Isn't it
a shame about famine in Sudan?" (get Linux). "I have giant festering,
fungating boils all over my body. My dog, too!" (get Linux).

The subject was a good AV program.

If you don't think Linux is a good suggestion,
your logical capabilities are failing you.

Running Linux is an excellent way to protect yourself from computer
viruses.

As for helping people way back when, I was employed as a programmer in 1964
and have been doing computer work since. You young whippersnappers just
don't get it.

This whippersnapper started in '64 too.

In case you worry, I am not trying to convert you to Linux, honest.
Stay with Windows, someone has to pay the sucker price for software,
and that someone is you.

I own a software company. I develop software for a living. I expect to get
paid for it and I don't mind paying someone else for their efforts. Folks
who base their evaluation of a product or service entirely on price are
probably equally happy with a blow-up doll.

Again those bad analogies...
now blow-up dolls are free?

I also own a bag full of Microsoft stock, but that in no way influences my
opinion. No sir.

Wow, you admit to owning MSFT?
How have the last 8 years been treating you?
Not so good huh?

Seriously, MSFT? Were you expecting them to increase their market share?
It doesn't pay to buy evil.

Not too late to grab some AAPL.
I got some in 2005. Sure wish I have a bag full.