Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Default shower pan leaking

On Aug 14, 10:04*pm, jim wrote:
On Aug 14, 9:33*pm, Jeff Kish wrote:

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 21:13:12 -0400, mm
wrote:http://webpages.charter.net/kishjjrj...ture%20080.jpg

I am not sure how the white pipe attached to the bottom of the
upstairs fiberglass enclosure. The little 'peg' things are not bolts
or covers for bolts that I can see.

thanks

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 20:30:47 -0400, Jeff Kish
wrote:

Hi.
I have a fiberglass shower unit and I noticed in the basement, the
drain pipe is leaking from, apparently, where it connects to the
shower.

I don't see a way to get in from the top, so I imagine any repair will
need to be made from below.

It 'appears' that I could just recaulk it, but I'm not sure how to
proceed.. my internet searches have not revealed an exact situation
match.

I do have a couple of photo's I could post if there is a place to put
them.

Put them whereever you want, and then tell us where you put them. A
server with an http address would be good.

thanks
Jeff- Hide quoted text -

What you have to do is cut the pipe back and redo the drain as this
was not done right to begin with , you have movement under the floor
and the lip on the inside side of the floor is gapping. *Easiest way
is to redo the drain and put some min expansion foam under the floor
to stop all movement of the floor , once the new one is in . *This is
pvc pipe and you can get it anywhere probaly 1 1/2 diameter to seal
the inside lip use plumbers putty *put the rubber gasket under the
floor , eliminate as much movement as you can of the floor as this is
the problem. *have done many of these and no one doe,s them right .
* Put sand under it when you build it never have this problem.- Hide quoted text -

You will probaly find some screws on the top side or under the cover
to remove the rain unit.