Posted to alt.home.repair
franz fripplfrappl franz fripplfrappl is offline

Default Diatomaceous earth - is it safe?

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 14:45:41 -0700, wrote:

I've got a silverfish and cricket problem in the house. I've read that
diatomaceous earth is good for killing insects.

But I saw some sites say that if you breathe DE, then you might have
serious lung problems. Then I saw some sites say that there are
different types of DE - you want the "food grade" type, which apparently
is safe for humans, and is even used in flour and Bisquick. Is that
true?

Read the label and do some research before indiscriminately using
pesticides of any type. Each critter can be controlled by the right
stuff. Does DE work on crickets and silverfish?

Number One way to start controlling insect pests is to destroy habit.

Franz Fripplfrappl