Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Chris is offline

Default PC antivirus software question

HeyBub wrote:
wrote:

Right. Switch to a knock-off of a 40-year old operating system
designed by a money-losing division of your local telephone company
and enhanced my geeks who think the DOS command line interface is
insufficiently cryptic.

By so doing, you might raise the percentage of desktops using Linux
from its
0.86% level to something beyond the "barely detectable" designation.

Having a bad day? Chill off.

Dear Heybub,

Please try to be gentle with folks such as Chris. They are extremely
frustrated already by their poor choice of an obtuse and arcane

Linux is another Microsoft mistake!

I've held, for a long time, that the development of Linux was secretly

Unfortunately, all the hirsute people who smell funny now gather together
electronically and bother the rest of us, much like another Microsoft
experiment involving a paper-clip.

You got that wrong too. I am not hirsute, shower regularly and couldn't
care less to talk to an incompetent person like you about computers.

I was helping the OP when you began your venomous pro-Windows spew,
remember? No, you won't.

In case you worry, I am not trying to convert you to Linux, honest. Stay
with Windows, someone has to pay the sucker price for software, and that
someone is you.