Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default Magic Jack and a power hub

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 13:47:11 -0500, "Leroy"
wrote:

metspitzer wrote:
I would like to hear from people that do have a powered hub that have
tried MJ, or anyone that has reliable service.

What is your pc speed and memory? USB 2.0? What
speed broadband? O/S? What else do you have plugged
into USB that drains 5 volt power?

1GHz Athlon - 512K - USB 2.0 - 5M/512k Windoze XP.
No other USB devices. No virus software, or anything else running. I
gave it exclusive use of my spare computer for 2 weeks.

AT&T 5Ghz cordless with extra handset.

I also got great quality, sometimes. It was the other times I gave up
on.

After a month of MJ use, I cancelled Mudder Bell and good
riddance. Have a prepaid cellphone, for 'just in case'.
I run a panasonic cordless (ac powered base) off the MJ
which is plugged directly into an Intel MB. 6/2 Mb cable
broadband gives great voice quality.

If you really want feedback go to the MagicJack forum on
http://dslreports.com

You didn't say if you used a powered usb hub.