Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker DLT Steve Barker DLT is offline

Default Highway Noise Barrier???? White noise????

OH NO! Not a billboard.......

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Jul 10, 12:06 pm, infiniteMPG wrote:

It won't help you now, but this reminds me of the following advice:

"If you buy a house for the view, you better be able to afford the
view."

Nothing sucks more than to buy a house with a view of the lake over a
gently rolling field only to have the owner of the field put up a
billboard or a warehouse a few years later.

The house I grew up in was across a narrow street from some woods
owned by a college in NYC. Over the years, tennis courts, a baseball
field and other athletic features replaced the woods. Still, not so
bad - for all the years we lived there, the worst we had was a large
grass covered field across from our house.

I drove through the old neighborhood last year - the view now consists
of a 7 story glass and steel building, less than 100 feet from my old
front door. My Dad was so glad he sold the place a few years before
the building went up.