Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Hoi Wong Hoi Wong is offline

Default Wavetek 75 (or 75A or 23) Rotary Encoder

given the costs of an optical encoder, and the complexity (changing the
pullups), I might try out the grayhill mechanical encoders first (if dialing
becomes unbearable, I'll open the AWG up again for another surgery) then.
Thanks for your advice.

Cheers,
Hoi

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:47:40 -0700, "Hoi Wong"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I found a convenient +5 from CR2 (left part of battery
test schematic on p.126) to steal for optoencoders too.

I notice that the optical encoder's output is rated to sink about
20mA. However, the pullup resistors are 221K which would result in a
current draw of only 20uA. Perhaps it would be advisable to change the
pullups to 2.2K in order to bring the collector current into the 2mA
range ???

- Franc Zabkar