Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Viewsonic monitors

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 06:02:21 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 00:50:51 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,
clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada quickly quoth:

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:30:03 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I'm running an Acer now and it's the best comp I've had in a long
while. It's whisper quiet, the fan coming on only for heavy graphic or
processor work. I really, really love that. I need to add more memory,
though. I ended up buying a Viewsonic VA1912wb to go with it because
the Acer monitor had twice the pixel latency time and was not well
received.

The Acer stuff is pretty decent - I've got a LOT of Acer 'puters in
service, and almost as many flatscreens. Three year lifespan's not bad
for a mid-line monitor - and the fact the fix is simple and cheap
doesn't hurt either.

Verily!

Too bad their Ontario service depot (BigTech north of Toronto) are a
bunch of Morons. Haven't had ANYTHING fixed first time round yet - and
when they checked out my INFOCUS DLP projector they claimed it needed
a new "brain" at a cost of close to $600. I told them "no way - send
it back". I opened it up (and found out they had NOT) and found the
safety switch on the bulb access hatch was "open". I squirted it with
some contact cleaner and it's been working ever since (going on 2
years now)
They are working on their second chance on a 6 month old 19" Acer
monitor that flickers on some computers, and works fine on others.(has
since new)

It's really a shame that these places hire "module replacers"

Substitute unit replacers (the guy sleeping in the bus shelter out
front)

instead
of techies any more. What a ripoff! What odds would you give that
the "tech" had a bad "brain" in his own (or a friend's) projector?
sigh

Gerry :-)}
London, Canada