Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Viewsonic monitors

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 08:02:07 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Lew
Hartswick quickly quoth:

Al Patrick wrote:

Reminds me of what I heard a preacher say, "You can *still* buy four
gallons of gasoline for a dollar, just like you could in the fifties."
The difference is in the dollar - not the price of gasoline. In the
fifties we had *silver* dollars and today a *silver* dollar will still
get you four gallons of gas.

Not only is someone stealing the silver out of our currency. They are
removing the nickel from the "nickels" and the copper from the pennies.
If we still had half cents they'd be stealing something out of them! :-(

Al

Are *silver* dollars realy worth aprox $16. now?? I guess maybe I
should look up the ones I got in change back in the 50s out west
on vacation (lived in PA) and kept for the novelty then. I
suppose some of them may be sort of rare and worth more. :-)

I wonder if I can turn in my Silver Certificates for silver dollars...

--
Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity.
Don't fight them. Just find a different way to stand.