Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Viewsonic monitors

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 06:02:21 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

big snip
They are working on their second chance on a 6 month old 19" Acer
monitor that flickers on some computers, and works fine on others.(has
since new)

It's really a shame that these places hire "module replacers" instead
of techies any more. What a ripoff! What odds would you give that
the "tech" had a bad "brain" in his own (or a friend's) projector?
sigh

I've been out of the loop for several years already, but...

Motorola's new radio equipment all had to be shipped back to
the factory for the first several months. They simply
wouldn't release service info (we were an authorized
Motorola Service Center) nor any parts for them. They wanted
to see every failure at the factory to determine what was
failing and why (so the story went).

When they did finally release service info, many small parts
couldn't be had, only assemblies. Many times the schematics
were only block diagrams of these module/assemblies. Parts
pricing was such that it wasn't worth fixing a lot of the
time.

I don't think Motorola was doing anything much different
than everyone else and I sure things haven't changed much
since I got out (shrug).

If you can't get service info (schematics, operation
explained) and parts, it isn't worth fixing...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b