Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Millwright Ron[_2_] Millwright Ron[_2_] is offline

Default DO STRIKES LEAD TO VIOLENCE?

On Aug 11, 10:51*pm, Don Foreman
wrote:
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 16:54:53 -0700 (PDT), Millwright Ron

wrote:

The point of all these posts is simple: violence in our society in
union
struggles has come overwhelmingly from employers and the goverment

based on no anecdotal data less than 20 years old and much of it
dating back several decades. *

How about a diatribe on the terrible scourges *of smallpox and polio?

You missed this...................

Now, we have a strike at the Frontier Hotel that's been going on
since
1989. If you point a camera on a street corner for four years, you
are
inevitably going to have a street scuffle at some point in time. If
such
actions were consistent day-after-day, you might have a case, but to
cite
one or two fights over four years of a strike and identify that as
typical
union actions is ridiculous.

The point of all these posts is simple: violence in our society in
union
struggles has come overwhelmingly from employers and the goverment.
Millwrightron
www.unionmillwright.com