Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] gobofraggle@gmail.com is offline

Default Rosin Paper over Newly Refinished Floors???

On Aug 14, 9:03*am, ransley wrote:
On Aug 13, 1:21*pm, wrote:

I've just had my hardwood floors refinished (sanded, stained, then
coated with three layers of satin finish oil-based polyurethane). *In
two weeks, painters will arrive, and they will be in the room where
the floors were just refinished. *They will be using ladders, paint
buckets, etc.

I want to protect the floor, but I realize that the poly hasn't yet
"cured", which I hear can take 21 days. *Can I lay down rosin paper
safely? *Will it stick? *Will it leech red color onto the light-
colored floors? *Can I tape the seams with blue painter's tape (for
delicate surfaces) and then be able to remove it safely a week later?

And is rosin paper the best way to go?

Thanks.

Oi Poly will cure 75-95% in 3 weeks if humidity is low, it will take a
6 mo to a year to fully cure. You have no reason to wait unless its
been super humid and was wet for many days, I have done this with a 4
day cure because I just had to. Just protect the floor as I pointed
out earlier. Bottom line its the painters responsibility, have it in
writing and dont pay till you see the floor clean. Worst that will
happen is a easy recoat.

The worst thing that could happen is an easy recoat? So if I protect
the floor the way you suggested, when the time comes to pull up the
rosin paper, it won't be stuck to the floor (even if there's been
significant weight on it for a week)? What if it is stuck?