Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Rosin Paper over Newly Refinished Floors???

On Aug 13, 1:21*pm, wrote:
I've just had my hardwood floors refinished (sanded, stained, then
coated with three layers of satin finish oil-based polyurethane). *In
two weeks, painters will arrive, and they will be in the room where
the floors were just refinished. *They will be using ladders, paint
buckets, etc.

I want to protect the floor, but I realize that the poly hasn't yet
"cured", which I hear can take 21 days. *Can I lay down rosin paper
safely? *Will it stick? *Will it leech red color onto the light-
colored floors? *Can I tape the seams with blue painter's tape (for
delicate surfaces) and then be able to remove it safely a week later?

And is rosin paper the best way to go?

Thanks.

Oi Poly will cure 75-95% in 3 weeks if humidity is low, it will take a
6 mo to a year to fully cure. You have no reason to wait unless its
been super humid and was wet for many days, I have done this with a 4
day cure because I just had to. Just protect the floor as I pointed
out earlier. Bottom line its the painters responsibility, have it in
writing and dont pay till you see the floor clean. Worst that will
happen is a easy recoat.