Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default PC antivirus software question

wrote:

Right. Switch to a knock-off of a 40-year old operating system
designed by a money-losing division of your local telephone company
and enhanced my geeks who think the DOS command line interface is
insufficiently cryptic.

By so doing, you might raise the percentage of desktops using Linux
from its
0.86% level to something beyond the "barely detectable" designation.

Having a bad day? Chill off.

Dear Heybub,

Please try to be gentle with folks such as Chris. They are extremely
frustrated already by their poor choice of an obtuse and arcane
operating system. They now have to fiercely defend that poor choice,
which stresses them out even further. They are, as a group, very thin
skinned, and if you persist, poor Chris's head may well explode. You
wouldn't want to be responsible for a tradgedy like that, would you?
WOULD YOU???

Linux is another Microsoft mistake!

I've held, for a long time, that the development of Linux was secretly
funded by Microsoft in an attempt to drain the nay-sayers, nit-pickers,
pettifogs, cut-purses, and athletes of the tongue from the ranks of serious
computer users so we normal folk could go about our computing experiences
unmolested.

Unfortunately, all the hirsute people who smell funny now gather together
electronically and bother the rest of us, much like another Microsoft
experiment involving a paper-clip.