Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default PC antivirus software question

Dan Espen wrote:

Or switch to Linux and get rid of the virus treat for ever :)
Right. Switch to a knock-off of a 40-year old operating system
designed by a money-losing division of your local telephone company
and enhanced my geeks who think the DOS command line interface is
insufficiently cryptic.

Heh; good one.

No it's not. It's not any better than his "Linux
will give your cats warts" junk.
Linux hasn't relied on the command line interface for a long time now.

I never said "Linux will give your cat warts." You're thinking of Firefox.

I'm only reading this thread because of the humor content.
Anti Virus software...what a joke.

You guys really pay for that stuff?

If you mean XP/Vista vs. Linux? Sure.

It's the difference between dating a chorus girl compared to opening the
back door and screwing the whole world.