Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default PC antivirus software question

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 04:12:35 -0400, "Smarty"
wrote:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
rs.com...
On 8/13/2008 11:39 PM Smarty spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...

On 8/13/2008 6:08 PM J. Clarke spake thus:

Smarty wrote:

Incidentally, I have been briefly involved with the CPSC, the Consumer
Product Safety Commission, in a consulting role. I won't
elaborate except to say that they are an extremely poor excuse for
a testing organization.

I figured you'd been on their payroll at some point. Glad to know I
was right.

plonk

This idjit obviously can't distinguish between Consumer's Union and the
CPSC. I wouldn't sweat being "plonk"ed by him.

Thanks David. It's clear to me that John needed a way to exit this dialog
while still saving face. Since the argument he raised was no longer
defendable, and he (thankfully) chose not to get into a name-calling
escape like Salty Dog, he chose the next obvious tactic, to attempt some
"guilt by association" strategy.

You're welcome.

Couple meta-things:

1) Why did you feel compelled to change my spelling in what you quoted?
When I wrote "idjit", I meant it.

2) You oughta learn how (or set up your mail/news program (Microsoft
Windows Mail 6.0 from the looks of things) to trim signatures from your
replies (the two hyphens in a row are the standard delimiter, and it seems
every other mail/news client in the world *except* Microsoft's adhere to
this time-honored tradition).

It drags itself out of the dark abyss of pish, and crawls insanely up
the topmost pinnacle of posh. It is rumble and bumble. It is flap and
doodle. It is balder and dash."

- With apologies to H. L. Mencken

My apologies for correcting the apparent mis-spelled word. I spell check
withot regard to who made the (apparent) error so it was not obvious where
it originated as I clicked through the spell checker.

Indeed my Windows Mail program does not offer any option to trim signatures
automatically, and my custom is to not particularly trim the thread exchange
heavily if at all. I agree that it is more easily read, transmitted, and
stored in an edited form. Mea culpa... ;-)

Smarty

You two should get a room.