Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default PC antivirus software question

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 21:01:47 -0500, Chris wrote:

wrote:
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 18:26:16 -0500, Chris wrote:

HeyBub wrote:
Chris wrote:
If you have more than one Windows machine try the Microsoft Live
OneCare deal. Has a free trial but after that will cost almost $60/year
for 3 PCs, I think. However has more than just anti-virus
protection.
Good advice.

Or switch to Linux and get rid of the virus treat for ever :)
Right. Switch to a knock-off of a 40-year old operating system designed by a
money-losing division of your local telephone company and enhanced my geeks
who think the DOS command line interface is insufficiently cryptic.

By so doing, you might raise the percentage of desktops using Linux from its
0.86% level to something beyond the "barely detectable" designation.

Having a bad day? Chill off.

Dear Heybub,

Please try to be gentle with folks such as Chris. They are extremely
frustrated already by their poor choice of an obtuse and arcane
operating system. They now have to fiercely defend that poor choice,
which stresses them out even further. They are, as a group, very thin
skinned, and if you persist, poor Chris's head may well explode. You
wouldn't want to be responsible for a tradgedy like that, would you?
WOULD YOU???

So you have a sort of sense of humor? Miracles never end to surprise me.

If you knew more, you wouldn't get surprised so often by "miracles".