Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default Barely readable LCD

PeterD wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 07:50:31 +0100, "N Cook"
wrote:

Replaced a drive belt in the tape deck of a mini music system, Wharfedale
NE571 , easier said than done. When received, and as used by the owner,

the
display is very feint even at the optimum viewing angle. You view it

through
a mirror finnish of the cassette carrier flap. All segments operate etc

but
any ideas how to improve the legibility or is this normal for thru-mirror
display gimmickery? dated 2007.

Any chance it has been disassembled and the polarizer has been lost or
put in wrong? (long shot...) Otherwise I'd say drive voltage is way
low.

Illuminator and LCD within the thickness of a normal cassette flap. No
obvious way to part it so left until no display , so unlikely any tinkering.
Survived unplugging 2 foil ribbons on the main pcb connections and
replugging, no difference , still feint. No idea what the correct voltages
are. Just glad I didn't disturb anything else in the process of taking all
apart.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England