Larry Jaques

Default Leatherman Tool

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 02:15:02 GMT, Dave Balderstone
pixelated:

In article , Larry Jaques
wrote:

And Searz wonders why their advertising isn't working
any longer...

I dunno, Larry. There's lots of folk out there that would say "Wow!
Gotta get one of them!"

True, there are (not is), Dave. Way too many.

A guy at work took his bicycle back to Sears (under warranty -- he'd
bought the extended one) to get a flat tire changed. It took three days
for him to get it back and he was delighted that he was getting value
for the money he'd spent on the extended.

I'm surprised the clerk didn't take the 10 minutes to repair
it for him. Oh, wait, that's a Searz, iddenit? I was thinking
hardware store and self-sufficient people with brains. Sorry.
I guess it takes all types to wobble the world, wot?

Extended warranties: An excise tax on the stupid.
That said, now that I found my Dish and Starband equipment to
be out of warranty and not worth a ****, I'll be getting the
extended warranty on my Dish equipment. I won't be spending
another $400 on a tuner like I just did for the Starband modem...
It's a damned good thing I don't own a little red button
connected to a WOMD, KWIM,V?

Some days I think the earth is wobbling on its axis, then I realize
it's just me, shaking my head *again*.

I think it IS the Earth wobbling from so many of us shaking
our heads in unison some days.

-
- Let Exxon send their own troops -
http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Programming