Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Al A. Al A. is offline

Default Old Vigor Burnout Furnace adapted to heat treating

On 2008-08-13, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In early June 2008 I bought an old Vigor Burnout Furnace (model CA 1065)
for $95 from a seller on Craigslist. The furnace appears to have been
built in 1979, but does work.

Joe Gwinn

Wow Joe, that was me you got that thing from. HA. I guess I should have
recognized you as an RCM'er, I've seen your posts here plenty of times.
In any event, glad that thing worked out for you. That was about what I
was planning on doing with it, converting to an Omega control. We use
loads of the Omega CN9000 series. Self tuning and very reliable.

I stumbled on a near looks like new Ney-Dental Vulcan box furnace, the
box is about 16" cube with a fancy-pants multi-step ramping digital
control. Good for 1100C, It was being disposed of because of a minor
electrical issue that was easily fixed, so I got it for a price I could
not refuse.

Glad that worked out for you joe. Pleasure to meet you!
-Al A.